Chief Technology Officer
QikServe was founded in 2011 to develop mobile applications for the restaurant and hospitality industry. ‘Waiter in Your Pocket’ is a micro-location, self-ordering and payment services tool which allows customers to order and pay for food and drinks at their tables with their smartphones or via kiosk terminals. QikServe has forged commercial relationships with industry players Oracle Hospitality, formerly MICROS, which is the global leader in enterprise Point of Sale and leading payment engines, such as PayPal, to develop one of the few enterprise integrated applications of its type in the world.
QikServe’s standard integration gives unique advantage to global hospitality chains who can now implement end to end, fully integrated, self-service solutions to their consumers within days.
The company has been successful in establishing leading big brand clients in Europe & the US and has also closed a recent venture capital investment round to underpin accelerated global growth.
Having proven the concept and acquired funding the objective is now to grow distribution channels, direct sales, and continue to further develop the products.
The Position (main purpose & objectives)
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for the overall IT strategy and architecture within the business. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct the IT team to attain the company’s strategic goals. This is an exciting time to join and take the products and platform to the next level, whilst delivering a secure, scalable, and resilient system for the rapidly growing base of customers worldwide.
The successful candidate will either; already be in a CTO position responsible for a small team and be looking for a new dynamic business at early stages of growth; or be at a stage in their career where they are looking for more responsibility and are ready to make that next step up into a CTO role.
Principal Responsibilities (key tasks / main responsibilities)
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s product development
- Assist in delivering the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that improve the product efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies keep abreast of competitor analysis
- Ensure control of IT departmental budgets
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified, in related Computer Science, Maths/Physics/Engineering or related field
- 10-15 years + experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 5 years leadership and strategic experience in this field
- Advanced IT knowledge, ideally from a software development background
- Interest & understanding of Emerging Technologies
- Ensuring that best practices are defined and followed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Management of small software team, ideally with experience in; Java back end, Web development and/or Mobile (iOS & Android), SQL, Unix & Windows & Payment Systems
- Making reviews on Code Quality
- Project Management & Delivery skills
- Infrastructure build & administration
- Systems analysis and design
- Cloud computing including deploying scalable and resilient systems
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Product design
- Data Security (PCI compliance)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV in the first instance with a covering letter to jobs@QikServe.com